What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells that are bonded to the front surface of teeth to improve their appearance. They can be made from porcelain, zirconia or composite resin and are designed to resemble natural teeth. They can also be used to whiten teeth and create a more symmetrical smile. Dental veneers are a safe and effective procedure that can significantly improve the appearance of your smile.
What Are The Types Of Dental Veneers And Differences Between Them?
Dental veneers can be made from porcelain, zirconia or composite.
Overall, porcelain veneers are the most popular type of dental veneer because they offer the best combination of durability, stain resistance, natural appearance, and translucency.
Zirconia veneers are a good option for people who need durable veneers possible with economic price, while composite resin veneers are a good option for people who are on a budget or who have mild dental imperfections.
It is important to consult with a qualified dentist to discuss your options and determine which type of dental veneer is right for you. A dentist can help you choose the best type of veneer based on your individual needs and preferences.
How Do Dental Veneers Work?
Here is a step-by-step explanation of how dental veneers are placed:
- Consultation and evaluation: The dentist will first consult with you to discuss your goals for treatment and evaluate your overall oral health. They will take X-rays and impressions of your teeth to create custom-made veneers.
- Tooth preparation: A small amount of enamel will be removed from the front surface of your teeth to create room for the veneers. This will help ensure that the veneers are not too bulky and that they look natural.
- Veneer fabrication: The dentist will send the impressions of your teeth to a dental lab, where they will be used to create custom-made veneers. The veneers will be made from porcelain or zirconia resin as you decided, and they will be matched to the color and texture of your natural teeth.
- Veneer bonding: Once the veneers are ready, the dentist will bond them to the front surface of your teeth using a strong adhesive. The bonding process typically takes about 15 minutes per tooth.
- Final adjustments: The dentist will make any final adjustments to the veneers to ensure that they fit properly and look natural. They will also check your bite to make sure that it is comfortable and functional.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Veneers?
Here are some of the benefits of dental veneers:
- Can improve the color, shape, and size of teeth
- Can cover up imperfections, such as chips, cracks, and gaps
- Can brighten teeth
- Can make teeth look more symmetrical
- Are durable and stain-resistant
There are specific differences between dental veneers and dental crowns.
For see detailed information check our blog page.
How long do dental veneers last?
The lifespan of dental veneers can vary depending on several factors, including the type of veneers, oral hygiene practices, and individual habits. On average, porcelain dental veneers can last till 20 years. Here are some factors that can influence the longevity of dental veneers:
- Material Type: The material used for the veneers plays a significant role.
Porcelain veneers are known for their durability and resistance to stains, making them a popular choice.
Porcelain veneers are the most demanded type because its natural look, resistence and translucent look and easy to maintain.
Composite resin veneers may have a slightly shorter lifespan but can still last a considerable amount of time with proper care.
- Oral Hygiene: Good oral hygiene practices are crucial for the longevity of dental veneers. Regular brushing, flossing, and routine dental check-ups help prevent decay and maintain the health of the underlying teeth.
- Diet and Habits: Certain dietary choices and habits can impact the lifespan of veneers. Avoiding excessive consumption of highly pigmented foods and beverages, as well as refraining from habits like teeth grinding or using teeth as tools, can help preserve the veneers.
- Maintenance and Care: Following proper maintenance and care instructions provided by the dentist is essential. This may include using a non-abrasive toothpaste, avoiding excessive force when biting into hard foods, and wearing a night guard if teeth grinding is a concern.
- Trauma or Accidents: Accidental trauma or injury to the face can potentially damage dental veneers. While veneers are designed to be durable, it’s important to exercise caution and wear protective gear during activities that pose a risk of injury.
- Natural Changes: Over time, natural changes in the oral cavity, such as gum recession, can impact the appearance of veneers. Regular dental check-ups allow the dentist to monitor any changes and address them as needed.
- Quality of Placement: The skill and precision of the dentist during the placement of veneers can influence their longevity. Proper preparation of the teeth, precise bonding, and attention to detail contribute to the overall success of the veneer procedure.
It’s important for individuals with dental veneers to be aware that, like natural teeth, veneers may need maintenance or replacement over time.
What Is The Price of Dental Veneers for Full Mouth?
The cost of veneers for a full mouth can vary widely depending on several factors, including the type of veneers, the dentist’s experience, the location of the dental practice, and any additional procedures that may be required. In general, veneers can range in cost from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per tooth in all over the world.
Traditional porcelain veneers are often more expensive than composite veneers. Porcelain veneers have more natural look and easy to maintain.
Iberia Clinic offers a pack with dental operation, VIP transfer services and accommodation during your stay in Istanbul.
Meanwile you can enjoy the city doing tourism, shopping and enjoying this unique city which unites 2 continents Europe and Asia with a precious Bosphorus.
However, composite veneers may not last as long as porcelain veneers and may require more maintenance over time. That is why as Iberia Clinic, we don’t recommend and realize composite veneers to our pacientes.
How Do I Choose A Qualified Dentist Or A Clinic For Dental Veneers?
Choosing a qualified dentist for dental veneers is crucial to ensure a successful and satisfying outcome. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a dentist for veneer placement:
- Experience in Cosmetic Dentistry: Choosing a dentist with experience specifically in cosmetic dentistry is very important.
In Iberia Clinic our dentists have at least 10 years experience with internation patients all over the world.
- Patient Reviews and Testimonials: Reading patient reviews and testimonials to get insights into the experiences of others who have undergone will help you decide about the Clinic.As Iberia Clinic we have 5 stars in Google Reviews and you can check our testimonials.
- Consultation and Communication: Pay attention to how well the medical consultant or dentist listens to your concerns and whether they provide clear explanations about the procedure, options, and expected outcomes.
We guide you in every step of the process for your dental treatment.
- Technology and Techniques: Inquire about the technology and techniques the dentist uses for veneer placement.
- Follow-Up Care: Follow-up care after the treatment is very important also providing any warranty or guarantees about the material matters to know.
Taking the time to research and choose a qualified dentist is essential for achieving the desired results with dental veneers.
Don’t hesitate to ask our medical consultant for a free evaluation with our dentist and get all information that you need for feel comfortable with your decision.
Do Dental Veneers Require Special Care?
Yes, dental veneers do require some special care to ensure their longevity and maintain their appearance. Here are some general care guidelines for dental veneers:
- Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day with a non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Avoid Staining Substances such as coffee, tea, red wine, and tobacco, as these can potentially stain the veneers over time.
- Avoid biting on hard objects, such as ice, pens, or fingernails, as this could chip or damage the veneers.
- Scheduling and attending regular dental check-ups.
- If patient participates in contact sports or grind the teeth at night, wearing a mouthguard can help protect the veneers from potential damage.
- Teeth Grinding (Bruxism); Patients with the habit of grinding the teeth, should inform this to the dentist. The dentist may recommend a nightguard to protect the veneers from the effects of bruxism.
- If the dentist provides specific post-care instructions after the veneer placement, patients should follow them.
It’s important to note that while dental veneers are durable and resistant to staining, they are not indestructible. With proper care and maintenance, veneers can last for many years, providing you with a long-lasting and aesthetically pleasing smile.
Regular communication with your dentist and adherence to their recommendations will contribute to the overall success of your veneer treatment.
Mouthguard / Nightguard
Can I Have Veneers If I Have Existing Dental Issues?
The suitability of veneers for individuals with existing dental issues depends on the nature and severity of those issues. Veneers are primarily a cosmetic dental procedure designed to enhance the appearance of teeth, and they may not be the best solution for certain dental problems. However, in some cases, veneers can be part of a comprehensive treatment plan.
Here are common dental issues and considerations:
- Tooth Decay: Veneers are not a solution for active tooth decay. Before considering veneers, any decayed teeth should be treated and restored, typically with fillings or other restorative procedures.
- Gum Disease: Active gum disease may affect the suitability of veneers. It’s essential to address and manage gum disease before considering cosmetic procedures like veneers.
- Bruxism (Teeth Grinding): Individuals with bruxism may experience excessive wear on their teeth. Finding the cause of bruxism and managing it with a nightguard or other interventions may be necessary before considering veneers.
- Misalignment or Bite Issues: Veneers are not a substitute for orthodontic treatment. If you have significant misalignment or bite issues, orthodontic solutions may be recommended before or in conjunction with veneers.
- Insufficient Tooth Structure: Veneers require a certain amount of healthy tooth structure for successful placement. If a tooth has insufficient structure, other restorative options like crowns may be considered.
- Existing Dental Work: If you have existing dental work, such as large fillings or crowns, this may impact the placement of veneers. Your dentist will assess the condition of existing dental work and determine the most appropriate approach.
- Overall Oral Health: The overall health of your teeth and gums is crucial. A thorough dental examination will help determine if veneers are a suitable option based on your oral health.
It’s important to have a consultation with a qualified dentist to assess your specific dental situation. During the consultation, the dentist will evaluate your oral health, discuss your goals, and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan.
Bruxism (Teeth Grinding)
Frequently Asked Questions
In Turkey we offer competitve prices with a high quality and successfull results.
We not offer only the treatment but also accommodation, VIP transfer, translator and follow-up services.
Your dental insurance will not be valid in İstanbul on the other hand our offer would be in your budget comparing the offered prices in other countries.
With Iberia Clinic you will have complete services such as hotel accommodation during your stay, VIP transfer service between airport and hotel, translator will accompany to you for the comunication between you and doctor and follow – up services and dental treatment operation.
Our offers based on cash payment and quatations are very competitive.
If you want to know your offer, please contact now with us.
The placement of veneers involves removing a small amount of enamel from the front surface of the natural teeth to accommodate the veneers. While this removal is minimal and typically ranges from 0.5 to 0.7 millimeters, it is considered an irreversible process, as enamel does not regenerate.
The amount of enamel removed is generally conservative and varies based on factors such as the type of veneers and the specific dental case.
The placement of veneers is generally not considered a painful procedure. Before the process begins, local anesthesia will be applied, ensuring you’re comfortable during the procedure. This helps minimize any potential discomfort or pain.
During the veneer placement, your dentist will remove a small amount of enamel from the front surface of your teeth to make room for the veneers. This step might cause some sensitivity, but the local anesthetic should help alleviate any pain. Once the veneers are ready, they are bonded to your teeth using a dental adhesive.
The number of appointments required for dental veneers can vary depending on the specific circumstances and the dentist’s treatment plan. In general, the process typically involves two to three appointments:
Consultation and Treatment Planning: Before your travel, you will be informed about the treatment plan after a consultation with the dentist. With your radiography and images, also considering your concerns we will offer you a treatment. When you arrive, we realize first appoinment with the dentist and make you clear all about your treatment.
The dentist will examine your teeth, take X-rays or impressions, and determine the correct treatment for you.
The treatment plan, including the number of veneers needed, will be discussed and finalized.
Preparation of Teeth and Impression: After you decide with the shape and colour of your veneers, the next appointment involves the preparation of your teeth. A small amount of enamel is typically removed from the front surface of the teeth to make room for the veneers.
Impressions of your prepared teeth are taken, and these impressions are sent to a dental laboratory where custom veneers are fabricated.
Mostly Consultation and Preparation of Teeth and Impression realize at the same day.
So untill your venners are produced and become ready for use, you can enjoy the tourism and explore the city which unites the two continents Europe and Asia.
Veneer Placement: In the final appointment, the custom veneers are placed on your teeth. Before bonding the veneers, your dentist will ensure that they fit well and are aesthetically pleasing.
The veneers are then permanently bonded to your teeth using dental cement or adhesive.
Any necessary adjustments are made, and your dentist will provide post-placement care instructions.
The recovery time after getting dental veneers is typically minimal, and most people can resume their normal activities almost immediately. It is normal for patients to experience some sensitivity, discomfort or pain initially, which should subside after the first few days.
The cost of dental veneers can vary based on several factors, including the location, the specific dentist or dental practice, the materials used, and the number of veneers needed. Dental costs can also be influenced by the level of expertise of the dentist and the quality of the materials used for the veneers.
In generally for porcelain veneers, the cost of a single veneer can range from $700 to $2,000 in Miami. Porcelain veneers come in at around £800 to £2000 per tooth in UK.
In Turkey with all inclueded porcelain veneers costs aproximately 250€ – 300€ / per tooth.
Yes, you can often preview and customize the look of your veneers before they are permanently placed on your teeth. The consultation and treatment planning phase with your dentist play a crucial role in this process.
During the consultation, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferences regarding the shape, size, color, and overall appearance of the veneers.
Before After Results
Deciding on a physical change is sometimes difficult. If you suffer psychologically and are not happy with your body, with your smile or with your face or hair, do not hesitate to make the decision to change everything forever. As Iberia Clinic we serve you from the beginning to the end to make your dreams come true. Each one of us deserves to be happy and here we fulfill it. Iberia Clinic unifies services such as cosmetic surgery, hair transplant, dental treatment, bariatric operation and medical aesthetics under one roof. For each operation they are attended by the surgeon, doctor or dentists with international experience and one of the best in Istanbul. We work with hospitals that have internationally recognized certificates. Our medical consultants are native speakers of their language and thus we can facilitate perfect communication and make them feel at home. When you return to your country we will also keep in touch with you continuously. Our mission is to satisfy your needs and offer you personalized service and attention, creating a unique experience during your stay in Istanbul. Our success is that our patients are satisfied. In Google Review we have 5 Stars from 320 comments so we can assure you 100% Satisfaction on your trip with Iberia Clinic.
Why IBERIA CLINIC
Change Your Life Lorever
Trust Our Experts
Deciding on a physical change is sometimes difficult. If you suffer psychologically and are not happy with your body, with your smile or with your face or hair, do not hesitate to make the decision to change everything forever. As Iberia Clinic we serve you from the beginning to the end to make your dreams come true. Each one of us deserves to be happy and here we fulfill it.
Iberia Clinic unifies services such as cosmetic surgery, hair transplant, dental treatment, bariatric operation and medical aesthetics under one roof. For each operation they are attended by the surgeon, doctor or dentists with international experience and one of the best in Istanbul. We work with hospitals that have internationally recognized certificates.
Our medical consultants are native speakers of their language and thus we can facilitate perfect communication and make them feel at home. When you return to your country we will also keep in touch with you continuously.
Our mission is to satisfy your needs and offer you personalized service and attention, creating a unique experience during your stay in Istanbul. Our success is that our patients are satisfied. In Google Review we have 5 Stars from 320 comments so we can assure you 100% Satisfaction on your trip with Iberia Clinic.
REQUEST A CALL BACK