What is Face Lift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)?
Face lift surgery is the surgical procedure to remove sagging and wrinkles of the skin in this area. These are the operations that are intended to make the face look younger, more beautiful and energetic. In general, the effects of aging in the three regions as the face, neck and jaw are targeted.
Face lift surgery (FaceLift) can be applied by various methods. The patient’s age, skin condition, sagging level, gender, genetic characteristics, areas of sagging, and other problems that accompany to sagging are very important in choosing the method.
What Are The Matters To Be Considered By The Patient Before The Operation?
Smoking has a serious effect on tissues. Stopping smoking is important in determining recovery times, eliminating tissue damage and in the success of the operation.
One month before the operation, smoking should be stopped completely and if possible, it should not be restarted after the operation.
- In addition to smoking, alcohol use should be stopped completely before the operation. After the operation, it is recommended not to use alcohol for up to two months. At the end of two months, a daily glass of consumption is allowed.
- The use of make-up should be completely discontinued one week in advance so that the contamination during the operation is zero and the preparation period before the operation can take a short time. Chemical cosmetic products should not be used, especially in the areas where the incision will be made.
- Although the incisions are located in invisible parts after the operation, dressings are visible. It will be beneficial to hide these dressings with hair during the adaptation process to social life. For this reason, it is not recommended to cut the hair before the operation. In other words, long hair and dressings can be hidden.
- It is not recommended to dye the hair for one to two months after the operation. This is necessary for the hygiene of the stitches and the area. If you are not satisfied with your hair color, you should dye it before the operation.
- The operation is performed by opening surgical incisions. So there may be bleeding in the area. It is recommended not to consume blood thinners and foods before the operation, and to limit the consumption of vitamin E.
How Do You Prepare For Face Lift Operation?
Medical history and exam:Prepare to answer questions about past and current medical conditions, previous surgeries, previous plastic surgeries, complications from previous surgeries, history of smoking, and drug or alcohol use.
Your surgeon will do a physical exam, may request recent records from your doctor or order a consultation with a specialist if there are any concerns about your ability to undergo surgery.
Medication review: Provide the name and dosages of all medications you regularly take, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, herbal medications, vitamins and other dietary supplements.
Facial exam: Your plastic surgeon will take photos of your face from different angles and close-up photos of some features. The surgeon will also examine your bone structure, shape of your face, fat distribution and quality of your skin to determine your best options for face-lift surgery.
Expectations: Your surgeon will ask questions about your expectations for the outcomes of a face-lift. He or she will help you understand how a face-lift will likely change your appearance and what a face-lift doesn’t address, such as fine wrinkles or naturally occurring asymmetry in your face.
After Face Lifting Surgery
After the surgery, the face is bandaged with eyes and nose exposed.
Swelling, bruising, mild drowsiness and skin tensions may appear and are natural.
A neck brace is worn by the patient to minimize swelling and bruises. At the end of the first seven days, the swelling will begin to go down.
After removing your face bandage, the sutures will be removed. In this process, you can do your daily work that is not exhausting. It will be useful to wear a neck brace while sleeping.
15 days after the operation, the bruises gradually heal and the patient can easily return to his/her daily life.
The loss of sense on the face may persist for several weeks, and it may take several months to completely disappear. Direct sunlight must be avoided in the first 6 months.
Solarium must be avoided. Even if this changes from one patient to the next, after 12 months your new appearance is fully established.
Apart from all this information, it is very important that you follow your doctor’s specific recommendations.
Before After Results
REQUEST A CALL BACK